If you find yourself frustrated with the “gps not working on xiaomi” problem, this detailed guide will assist you in remedying this situation. Throughout this article, we will dissect the probable causes and provide a sequential, step-by-step guide to diagnosing and resolving the issues hampering the GPS functionality on your Xiaomi smartphone. Our approach ensures a systematic analysis, enabling even a novice to work through the process with confidence.
Tehpedia, CC BY-SA 4.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0, via Wikimedia Commons
Step 1: Checking GPS Settings
The first step to resolving the “gps not working on xiaomi” dilemma involves a close inspection of the GPS settings on your Xiaomi smartphone. Follow the steps below to inspect and correct your GPS settings:
- Open the “Settings” app on your Xiaomi phone.
- Scroll down and tap on “Location” — this is where you can access the GPS settings.
- Ensure that the Location toggle is turned ON.
- Now, tap on “Mode” or “Locating method” to choose the best setting for you. We recommend selecting “High accuracy,” which uses GPS, Wi-Fi, and mobile networks to determine your location.
Once you’ve done this, test your GPS to see if the problem persists. If it does, proceed to the next step.
Click here for more articles like this – GPS Problems: Your Complete Guide to Common Issues and Solutions
Step 2: Updating the Device Software
An outdated software version can sometimes cause the “gps not working xiaomi” issue. To ensure that your device operates optimally, it is crucial to keep it updated with the latest software. Here’s how you can update your Xiaomi device:
- Open the “Settings” app on your device.
- Scroll down and tap on “About phone.”
- Here, you will find the “System update” option. Tap on it to check for available updates.
- If there is an update available, a notification will appear. Click on “Download” followed by “Install” to update your device to the latest version.
After updating, check if the GPS is functioning correctly. If not, continue to the next section.
Step 3: Clear Cache and Data of GPS Apps
Sometimes, the root of “gps not working on xiaomi” issue lies in the cluttered cache and data of the GPS apps. Clearing the cache and data can often resolve the issue. Here is how you can do it:
- Open the “Settings” app on your Xiaomi device.
- Navigate to “Apps & notifications” or “App management,” depending on the version of your system.
- Find the apps that use GPS, such as Google Maps.
- Tap on the app and then tap on “Storage.”
- Here, you will see the options to clear data and clear cache. Tap on both options one after the other.
After completing these steps, try using the GPS again to see if the issue has been resolved. If not, proceed to the next step.
Step 4: Reset Location Settings
If the above methods fail to resolve the “gps not working on xiaomi” issue, resetting the location settings to their default might be the solution. Here’s how you can reset the location settings:
- Go to the “Settings” app on your Xiaomi smartphone.
- Scroll down and select “System & Device.”
- Find and select “Reset options.”
- Here, you will find the “Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth” option. Select this option to reset all network settings, including those for GPS.
Test the GPS functionality once again after resetting the settings. If it is still not working, proceed to the next strategy for resolution.
Step 5: Hardware Issues
When facing a persistent “gps not working on xiaomi” issue, it could potentially be related to hardware problems. Before concluding that it is a hardware issue, make sure you have exhausted all the other troubleshooting steps. If you suspect it’s a hardware issue, follow these steps:
- Check if there are any physical damages to your phone, focusing on areas such as the GPS antenna.
- If you’re not sure where the GPS antenna is located, refer to the user manual or look for information on the official Xiaomi website.
- If you find any physical damages, it is recommended to visit a certified Xiaomi service center for professional assistance.
Seeking professional assistance ensures that you receive expert help in resolving the issue. If the hardware is not the problem, the last resort is to perform a factory reset.
GPS Not Working on Xiaomi: Factory Reset
As a last resort, if the “gps not working on xiaomi” issue persists despite trying all the above solutions, performing a factory reset might be your final option. This process will erase all data on your device, reverting it to its original settings. Hence, ensure to back up all essential data before proceeding. Here’s how you can carry out a factory reset:
- Open the “Settings” app on your Xiaomi phone.
- Scroll down to find and select “About phone.”
- Find and tap on “Backup & reset.”
- Choose “Factory data reset” and then “Reset phone.”
- Confirm your action by selecting “Erase everything.” Remember, this action will delete all data and settings on your phone, restoring it to its initial state.
Once the reset is complete, set up your device afresh and check if the GPS is functioning correctly. Should the problem still persist, seeking professional assistance would be the recommended path forward. Reference: Xiaomi Global Support.
GPS Not Working on Xiaomi: Conclusion
Working through the “gps not working on xiaomi” issue can be frustrating, but we trust that one of the solutions provided in this guide will help you resolve it. It’s imperative to follow the steps in a sequential manner, testing the GPS functionality after each step to identify the solution that works for you. Remember, it’s always a good practice to keep your device updated and routinely check the GPS settings to prevent such issues in the future. We wish you the best of luck in finding your way back to a fully functional GPS on your Xiaomi device.