If you find your Android Auto GPS not working when phone is locked, you’re not alone. In this article, we’ll guide you through a step-by-step process to resolve this annoying issue once and for all.
Android Auto GPS Not Working When Phone is Locked Why?
This problem typically arises due to power management settings or app restrictions. When your phone is locked, it tries to conserve battery, which can inadvertently turn off GPS functionalities.
For more articles like this click here – GPS Problems: Your Complete Guide to Common Issues and Solutions
Check Your Phone and App Settings
Before diving into advanced troubleshooting, make sure you’ve checked the following settings.
- Location Settings: Ensure your location settings are set to ‘High Accuracy’.
- App Permissions: Verify that Android Auto has the necessary permissions to access your location.
- Power Management: Turn off any battery-saving modes that may be affecting GPS functionality.
Troubleshooting the Issue
If the problem persists even after checking the basic settings, follow these advanced steps:
- Update the App: Ensure that Android Auto is updated to the latest version. Outdated apps often present glitches.
- Reinstall the App: Sometimes, reinstalling the app can resolve long-standing issues.
- Check for Firmware Updates: Make sure your phone’s operating system is up-to-date.
When to Seek Expert Help
If you’ve tried all the above methods and the issue persists, it’s advisable to consult with a professional. This could be a hardware issue that requires specialized attention.
Android Auto GPS Not Working When Phone is Locked: Conclusion
In summary, encountering issues with Android Auto GPS not working when phone is locked can be annoying, but it’s often solvable. By methodically checking your settings, updating your apps, and, if necessary, seeking professional help, you can regain full functionality of your GPS. Remember, keeping your apps and phone’s firmware up-to-date is crucial for avoiding such glitches in the first place.